Minggu, 19 April 2015

Tak Terpatahkan

Out of the night that covers me
Black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever Gods may be
For my unconquerable soul

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbow’d

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Lies but the horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid

It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishments the scroll

I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul

Invictus, Robert William Henley


Dari malam yang menyelimutiku, sehitam lubang yang dalam
Aku berterima kasih kepada Tuhan di mana pun Ia berada
Atas jiwaku yang tak terkalahkan, dalam keadaan yang menimpaku
Aku tak mengeluh atau pun menangis, di bawah tempaan takdir
Jiwaku berdarah namun tak terpatahkan

Di balik tempat amarah dan air mata ini, hanya mengintip horor kematian
Namun ancaman bertahun-tahun akan menemukanku… tanpa rasa takut
Seberapa pun kuatnya gerbang, seberapa pun beratnya hukuman
Aku adalah penguasa takdirku, aku nakhoda jiwaku

 
;